Tuesday, December 20, 2011

If you took Drivers ed in a different state and you moved do you have to take it again?

I took Drivers ed in PA and i moved to Maryland last year do i have to take it again in Maryland???


I had my permit for over 6 months now can i still take my drivers test?|||I would say no. All states do recognize other states' driver's licenses, otherwise, you'd have to get a new license as soon as you drove into another state. In most states, all driver's ed is is just an insurance break. So, go ahead and get in that line at the DMV now, cause by the time you get to the counter, you'll have had that permit a year.|||I do not think so unless they are so different with their laws of driving. I mean where I live I get 10% off my insurance because of it. I think that will go for any state that you live in but then again I may be wrong so the best thing to do is to talk to the people at the place where you would get your new driver's license.|||Unfortunately your permit is not likely to be recognized by any state other than the one that issued it. The driver's ed might count from PA to MD. Each state has their own rules, regulations and laws over the whole process from permit to license. The first thing I would do is go to this page (http://www.dmv.org/teen-drivers.php) and read the requirements for PA and MD. Then you should call the MD DMV (http://www.dmv.org/dmv-phone-numbers.php鈥?/a> and ask them if they will honor a PA permit or driver's ed class. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment