Saturday, December 24, 2011

Drivers Ed?

What is Drivers Ed? Where do I go, does it cost money, what do I do there, what's the point rather than just taking the drivers test after someone teaches you? I live in Canada by the way.|||Well in the US driver's ed is the learning course you go through to get your license.


You learn about road signs, road laws, speed limits, and you get to drive a car around with an instructor to learn how to drive.


It costs around $300.


You can do it online or go to a driver's ed school


And the point of it is so there's not some ignorant idiot driving around who doesn't know what the heck they're doing.|||In the USA, Driver's Ed is part of the usual high school curriculum. During 10th grade, I went thru the classroom version of Driver's Ed as part of my P.E. class. Then while I was 15 1/2 I was able to get my learner's permit, and take the behind the wheel portion, so that on my 16th birthday was able to take and pass the test to get my official drivers license.





My son, went thru a similar program, just like I did. I am sure the class was updated a bit during those 30 years.





In Illinois you can get your Driver's License at age 16 if you've passed High School Driver's Ed. If not you can't get your License until you are 18 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment